Monday, March 29, 2010

Austism Walk/Run Lehi, UT






The great thing about sister's is we know everything about each other. Tina doesn't know I logged onto her blog to do a post. This is Cherie. Last Saturday my Mom, Dad, Brookie and myself had the opportunity to participate in the first Autism 1 mile walk and 5k run in Lehi, Utah. We pinned pictures of Kara on our shirts for the race.
Saturday morning was a very windy, cold morning. The sun was out but oh boy it was cold. My parents and Brookie did the 1 mile walk. My parents said Brookie did great on her first "race", Brookie walked the whole 1 mile. :)
I started out on my run confident and happy. The wind was blowing right up on me as I ran, the wind was a blowin'! While running I kept thinking of my beautiful niece Kara and how hard she has to work every day to communicate and be heard. I continued to think of sweet Tina and Dan, they go through so much on a daily, hourly basis with Kara. These thoughts kept me running, I didn't stop. I ran the whole 3 miles, I couldn't stop running....Kara does not get to stop or give up. Neither does Tina and Dan. I haven't run that far since 2008 when we did a Triathleon for Kara at the Jordanelle in Utah.
This race was an amazing time. I was uplifted by the cause and motivated even more to help others become aware and understand Autism.
I want to tell Tina and Dan how much I love them! I appreciate their strength, wisdom, ability to stand back up when things go wrong, their love for Kara and Kaleb. I love, love, love, love my Kara! Kara is a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL girl. I love her blue, blue eyes. And Kara's sweet brother Kaleb is so good to her and takes care of her. Kara is so blessed and lucky to be with her family. They love her dearly and it shows.
Thanks Tina for letting us know about this fundraiser! I know Mom and Dad also enjoyed the walk, it was an emotionally, uplifting time for them too.
Love you!!!!!!!
Cherie

3 comments:

  1. Love to see you guys supporting Kara and our family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved that post, Cherie!! And way to go on supporting your sweet family! Oh, and your mom, she never changes! Such a sweet lady! I don't know if Tina has told you but we have an autistic son (possibly two) and I love to see people supporting such a great cause! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete